Hey! Isn’t that photo awesome? Apparently it’s a music school somewhere in Asia. It’s like OCAD but prettier. September is almost half over! When did that happen? I have barely had a chance to think this month, nevermind sit at my computer finding fun/interesting reads. So this TGIF is short and sweet because I’m spending most of my time in a theatre watching movies at TIFF. It’s my favorite time to be in Toronto – so much so that I use a week of my vacation just to STAY HERE and enjoy the festival. I haven’t seen nearly as much as I usually do this year though, but I will be making up for that on the weekend. And right after TIFF is over, i’m headed to Montreal for POP Montreal, so September is a big blur for me.
And don’t forget – tomorrow is your last day to enter the giveaway for the new Band of Horses vinyl – so get on that.
For now, here’s some links:
- Never read about Chris Brown again with our CHRIS BROWNOUT browser plugin Because really, we’ve heard enough about this douchebag for one lifetime.
- Did Chris Brown get a neck tattoo of Rihanna’s battered face? See? Now you’re installing that plugin…
- Here is the cover of ‘Abbey Road’ recreated with beans Because, why not?
- New Commercial Indie Rock FM Station Coming to Toronto WOOO! I am incredibly excited for this. We need it. Toronto hasn’t had a decent radio station in ages. Lets hope it lasts and doesn’t turn into The Edge.
- Indie-rock station coming to Toronto More info on it.
- There are 35+ places to drink until 4:00 a.m. during TIFF It’s almost over, but there is still a whole weekend to enjoy the wonderful 4am closing time that really should be the norm here because 2am is bullshit.
- Hits and Misses set to enter the deadpool Your depressing record store news for the week.
- Cat Power ‘Sun’ Interview She is wonderful. Love this interview.
- Mitt Romney makes $894,999.81 watching The Sopranos Hilarious, depressing facts about how incredibly rich this Republican dbag is.
- People with higher IQs are more likely to be night owls Thanks for making me feel better about my nocturnal habits, science.
- And for something awesome – James Murphy wants your help on a film, send him your photos: