Happy Thanksgiving! I’m going back home for the first time in five months, and it’s also my sister’s birthday, so it should be a good, super fattening weekend. But first, tonight Teenage Kicks, Sweet Mack and Dirty Nil take the stage at Lee’s! Be there.
Since I’ve been doubly sick this week, I haven’t been scouring the internet much, so this week’s links are short and sweet:
- A Polaris Prize juror on Feist, Drake, and how it all went down Gotta love insider info.
- Men who rock This is hilarious.
- Listen to Adele’s new song What do you think? Her voice was made for the Bond movies, it’s perfect.
- Kenneth Krause Apologizes to Jennifer Livingston for Fat Shaming her This was pretty big news this week, and I heard a lot of people say that he wasn’t bullying and that she needs to grow a pair because she is in a position of power and therefore should be willing to take such bullshit comments and ignore them, but there’s a reason this went viral – so many of us relate to being judged by our appearance rather than our value as person. It is easy to sit back and judge someone based on their looks, what he said takes away her power and her accomplishments and belittle’s her for something completely shallow and stupid. Pointing out his ignorance shows kids all over the world that taking this kind of abuse isn’t necessary. I wish I had a role model like her when I was young, my self esteem probably would have been a lot better.
- Frank Gehry to remake David Mirvish’s King Street in Toronto Not sure how I feel about everything being torn down (don’t we have enough construction?!), but with Gehry doing it, at least it’s gonna look awesome when it’s finally done.
- Eating Only Dessert: Why Your Information Diet is Probably Terrible This is probably the best thing I’ve read in a long time.
- Finally, as the American election gets closer and closer, (did you see the debate? I was busy watching JACK WHITE be awesome, so I didn’t but I heard Romney won, ew) things like this video make me happy: