Hellloo again. What a week this was thanks to Hurricane Sandy. Boo. Ruining Halloween for so many kids, taking lives and completely destroying the Jersey Shore. Up here we never expect something like a hurricane to hit, it always feels like a southern problem. Weather issues in general are something I’ve never feared – it’s one of the main benefits of the area I live in, but this just shows the brutal effects of global warming are getting worse. Lucky for us, Toronto wasn’t hit very hard, but it was definitely the worst storm I’ve experienced here.
Oh and I added photos to my contact and about pages, check it out!
And for the links:
- New list ranks Canadians as the most unattractive people in the world I have to agree on one point, step outside Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, and you will see far too many sweatpants worn as outfits.
- Music journalism cliches that need to be retired today Retire using descriptive words? Umm, okay. This guy uses these cliches right in the article…
- Why No One Knows How Much Money Musicians Are Making Now
- Petting pets releases “love hormone” Of course they release oxytocin. This is why pets are like our children. It’s the same bonding feeling that happens.
- You don’t have to be beautiful to be boring, but science says it helps Shocking!
- Caplansky’s concert series Love this idea, hopefully they can pull in some decent bands and make it work.
- Life-long musicians have better hearing They spend their lives dedicating themselves to sound, so it makes sense.
- Massive blaze at former Queen St. comic shop Silver Snail This happened during the storm, Silver Snail was actually fine, but Roots is gone.
- Facebook: I want my friends back! The most infuriating thing you’ll ever read if you’re involved in social media marketing. Facebook, you money hungry whore.
- Lena Dunham to her ‘no pants’ critics: “I am going to show my thighs every day till I die” I love this girl. I wish I had an ounce of her fearlessness. She’s the role model girls need to help balance all the self hating magazine model bullshit forced on them 100x a day.
- 25 totally odd and awesome vintage halloween photos These are pretty great.
- Awesome vinyl silhouettes of bats and birds
- Never Knew Beauty by Jeff Barkman Check out this song! It’s rare I post a track from my inbox in the link roundups, but this guy is too good not to.
- Grizzly Bear members are indie rock royalty, but what does that buy them in 2012? Here I thought being Pitchfork darlings made you mad money… not so much these days.
- There’s no money in indie music: Cat Power is broke Case in point. Here’s hoping she’s feeling better soon. Sad for all the people who are going to miss her on this tour, she gave an excellent show in Toronto.
- Finally, check out this awesome video of the always incredible Zeus, love this song, and love this location. I want to go to there: