A quick TGIF before the madness that is Canadian Music Week begins (previews/recommendations starting tomorrow!):
- David Bowie’s wife drops strong hint that the veteran singer may tour again. YES PLEASE!
- Twitter acquires We Are Hunted, readies standalone music app. This is awesome. We should be able to play music right on twitter, finally it is happening.
- Facebook announces dedicated music tab in news feed redesign. I am pretty excited about this – fishing through my feed for the music related stuff can get tedious between all the other shit in the newsfeed.
- Digital music news- where are the women on the Billboard Power 100? Good question.
- Ang Lee and the uncertainty of success. Such a great article – must read for those struggling to get where they want to be with their career.
- Patricia Rozema’s manifesto for Canadian movies. Brilliant.
- Finally, the most wonderful video I saw all week. I don’t think it even needs an explanation, just watch: